CLevit

CLevit

Empire of the Summer Moon: Quanah Parker and the Rise and Fall of the Comanches, the Most Powerful Indian Tribe in American History - S.C. Gwynne Very factual but overall underwhelming. Very little of the book dealt with Quanah, while most of it dealt with military events in unnecessarily minute detail. The writing quality at the sentence level was often confusing and sloppy. The "real story" should have been (SPOILER ALERT) Quanah Parker's complete transformation from violent warrior of the plains into a docile white mans pet. That was the real story and that's what I hoped to get insight into, but no commentary was offered. It was not a biography of Quanah Parker. It was a military history of the Texas - Commanche battles of the middle 1800's and it should have been publicized as such. Ok, I admit. I learned a few things but it could have been a decent National Geographic article, not a full length book. Very interesting subject matter but handled only fair, in my opinion.